New City Neighbors
New City Neighbors has raised 92% of our $235,000 goal for the Seeds of Growth Campaign. We have $19,000 left to go to reach the finish line! The remaining funds of this campaign will support the purchase of an additional van for our growing ministries. The first $5,000 of our online campaign will be matched by friends of NCN — so your gift will automatically be doubled!!
Previous funds from the Seeds of Growth Campaign have resulted in needed neighborhood afterschool programming, year round high school employment opportunities, and supported the launch our newest social enterprise: New City Cafe. Now, our van no longer meets our current needs, limiting our ability to best meet the needs of students and families. The numbers simply don’t add up — this past summer we had 60 students in our programs, and one 15 passenger van!
We currently use our van to do the following:
- Provide transportation for afterschool program students from school to the program, and then to home.
- During the summer we pick students up and drop them off at home for our day camp.
- Travel to field trips (for all age levels).
- Produce deliveries to restaurants and food pantry partners for New City Farm.
With a new van we can begin to dream about:
- Adding additional students into our elementary and middle school programming.
- Developing a partnership with an additional neighborhood public elementary school.
- Adding an additional afterschool program site.
We hope you'll join our community by helping us raise the necessary funds to meet this important need. The full cost for a new van will be $30,000 but the funds have already partially been raised. Help us cross the finish line!!
New City Neighbors is a community development organization in the Creston Neighborhood of Grand Rapids. Our mission is to empower youth to reach their full potential. We work with a diverse community of youth in 1st through 12th grade. Through our social enterprises (an urban farm, cafe, and bakery) as well as our after school and summer programs, we offer high school employment opportunities, spiritual growth, academic tutoring, job skills training, and leadership development.