Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids
THE HEAT IS ON!
We are very excited to be part of #GRgives on #GivingTuesday! Our goal for #GivingTuesday is to replace furnaces in our clubhouse. Part of what makes our clubhouse "home" for thousands of members annually is just that - it is a home. Far from an institutional or medical setting, our 120-year-old renovated farmhouse is warm, welcoming and the perfect place to hang out – alone or with others.
Along with century old design features and charm comes the challenges of maintaining an older home.
During the recent replacement of one furnace, we learned of the quick approaching need to replace the remaining six furnaces as well.
Please help us keep our clubhouse WARM and welcoming for our members, volunteers, and visitors this winter!
10 Things to Know About Gilda's Club:
1. Named after and inspired by Gilda Radner and her journey with ovarian cancer.
2. Gilda's Club Grand Rapids is one of the largest and busiest of the 44 affiliates in North America.
3. We are in our 16th year of serving the community.
4. Our program is offered to anyone in the community absolutely FREE!
5. Program support groups are available in both English and Spanish.
6. We collaborate with area hospitals and non-profits to expand our mission and reach.
7. Nearly half of our membership is comprised of men and children.
8. Every one of our support groups is facilitated by masters level professionals.
9. There were 35,732 program visits made to our clubhouse in Lowell and Grand Rapids.
10. Your individual gifts make the largest impact on our members and EVERY dollar stays local.